Tuesday, September 07, 2004

I've been pondering my career choice. Over the years my opinion has differed, making it hard for me to decide what I want to be. I am still a junior and all but they're all pressuring us about the future.

From kindergarten to about 5th grade I had this sense that I wanted to be a doctor. Surgeon to be exact, but what field was never certain. They all interested me. From brain surgery to gal bladder surgery I couldn't make up my mind. By about 6th grade I started getting queezy with blood, or with seeing anyone hurt. I remember also having the thought of being a vet crossing my mind too. But the same feelings came along with that. I hate seeing animals hurt, even if you aren't hurting them on purpose.

Being in the psychology field never crossed my mind. I know what it's like to have to go to a therapist/counselor, or whatever the heck you call them. And from my side of the thing, I hated having to say stuff. Think of how the psychiatrist must feel having to listen to people talk and talk about themselves and their problems. I'm not saying I'm selfish in not wanting to hear other people's problems and that I feel I have more problems to deal with myself, than having to deal with them also. But it's just if someone feels bad, I don't know how to put myself in that situation when someone is crying. What do I say, what do I do to comfort them??

I've come to the conclusion. I would either want to be a photographer. A culinary artist/chef or whatever that has to do with cooking. Or....well I can't remember what the 3rd choice was but maybe it's because I feel rushed seeing as how I have a minute before class ends.

Sorry for this little boring post today...

LaterZ

Nina

No comments: