Tuesday, March 30, 2004

I feel all happy happy. You know why? Because I did my hair! Oh yeah...I know I sound like one of those girls who dye their hair like every month. I'm not LIKE that, it just so happens the last few months I haven't been so satisified with my hair. I did red highlights, and the compliments I'm getting make me feel SO great. My mom didn't like the idea of doing my hair, she was all for doing the color and all, but she didn't want to DO it herself. She wanted it professionally done but if I did that then it would be like over a hundred bucks the first time and about 60 bucks for touchups. Better to just get the stuff you can get at the grocery story for 10 bucks and get it over with. I didn't think I was going to like the results, but actually, I DO! Of course if my hair is down nobody can see it, but when it's pulled back people can see it. I love my hair, but not in that overly-obsessive way. And if I get in trouble I'll get mad because think about it, there are girls here who have green in their hair, and do they get in trouble?? I think not. But then I saw a girl with the same highlights as me, except more noticeable and she had to REDYE her hair so it was brown. And then there's this other girl who has the same highlights and she has yet to get in trouble. There's something really wrong with this school's system of discipline. They think "Oh that hair's going to be distracting, better take that person in." When think about it, it's only going to be distracting for a day. And if the attention lasts for over a day it's only for the people who didn't see it the first time around. Example, I did my hair a new way last week and Nicole noticed, I did it again this week and she didn't make that much of a big deal on it. So therefore, attention won't be spent on the hairstyle. Who's going to be STARING at the hair, what, they want to fail? Nah I think these teachers and school officials just want drones of themselves. Disciplined (not), responsible (rarely probably), and quiet (when they yell at the students is that quiet??).

No comments: